Thursday, November 10, 2005

Evangelist's DRM opinions boingboinged and /.ed

Previous Director of Product Marketing for Apple's "Pro" applications, Mike Evangelist, does not really like DRM music - which I totally agree with him.

"From this day forward I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period.

They can all take their DRM, and their broadcast flags, and their rootkits, and their Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines."


So entertaining - firs the story, the blog entry, was boingboinged, then nearly a day later slashdotted.

And, talking about Apple ... for your enjoyment - Serialbox November 2005.